Dressage is unique
The interaction of humans and horses is truly unique.
Our behaviour, thoughts and emotions are transmitted through our bodies to the horses we ride, making it crucial that our mental states, technical knowledge and physical condition are highly tuned.
– Natalie Hobday
Clinics: Investing for High Performance
My enduring passion is to help every rider I coach take their enjoyment of the sport to the next level. In our regular clinics the focus is on training the classical principles of dressage. Up. Your. Game. is a program designed to complement the training with the ‘why?’
I wish to share everything I have learned about the key drivers of high performance dressage, from motivation, confidence, technique and trust, to preparation, fitness and big match temperament, and so develop the key strategies and techniques to be a regular winner.
Meet Your Coach
- Started riding career as a child in South Africa
- First Provincial Colours at age 15
- Awarded Provincial Colours 10 consecutive years
- Invited to the Spanish Riding School at age 19
- National Colours at 23
- Multiple winner of all major South African competitions
- Based in Germany 1996 – 2014, training with German National Coach Jonny Hilberath
- Consistently placed in CDI‘s in Central Europe
- Winner on Big and placings in Small Tour in Germany
- Two World Equestrian Games
- South African National Coach 2015-2018
- FEI Solidarity Coach Developer Expert for Group IX since 2015
- Produces and finds top horses with Christian Heinrich
Up. Your. Game.
- Transformational Online Learning
- Deeper understanding of the theory of dressage
- Richer knowledge of all movements at all levels
- Know precisely why you get the marks you get
- What to do to improve your marks … 7s → 8s!
- Optimised plans for training and competition
- Enhanced psychological skills
- Tools to control the drivers of your performance
With a focus on classical principles of dressage, my clinics are popular with riders wanting to add refinement and precision to their horsemanship. I enjoy engaging with them at all levels and watching their success.